Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:19
- Our mission is to make and mature disciples of Jesus who love God, encourage each other, and serve the world.
- We desire to see adults, youth, and children warmly welcomed into the Grace Church family.
- Our goal is for every person who comes into our midst to feel God’s love among us, and to express their love for God by regularly worshiping God with us.
- We are all called to live as disciples of Jesus, no matter what our age.
- We desire to see every person who is part of our Church family involved in a small group where they are encouraging others, and being encouraged by others, to faithfully live as a true-blue disciples of Jesus.
- God has given every Christian spiritual gifts and natural abilities which we are called to use to serve others in the name of Christ.
- We desire to see every person who is part of our Church family discovering and using their gifts and abilities as part of a ministry team, serving others in the name of Jesus.
A Very Brief History
Grace United Methodist Church was born in 1964. Grace was the first Methodist congregation in history to be created by the merging of three smaller congregations: the New Kirk, Clover Hill and Ebenezer Methodist Churches.
Grace has had six pastors in its lifetime: Founding pastor, Rev. George Kennedy (1967-82), Rev. Bill Huson (1982-87), Rev. Larry Wilson (1987-1996), Rev. Dan Owen (1996-2007), Rev. Dr. John K. Smith (2007-2012), and Rev. Ken Custer (2012). From 2004 - 2013 Grace Church was also served by Assistant Pastor, Randy Landman.